You are possibly still pregnant and reading around about what to expect when your baby arrives or you may feel that the early newborn stages have passed in a bit of a blur and now you want to know what to expect from your delightful 2 month old baby.
Check out the 5 categories below and watch in wonder as your baby begins to interact with the world around her.
The Social and emotional milestones include:-
- Self-soothing by sucking on her hands/fingers.
- Starting to smile at others.
- Attempting to look at her parents.
Bath time is a great fun time to start seeing those first few smiles as your baby will learn to kick and splash about in the water.
The Language and communication milestones include:-
- Being aware of unusual sounds and turning toward them.
- Making cooing noises as your baby learns to become vocal.
A great fun way to encourage language development is to have a conversation. Simply by responding to your baby’s cooing sounds they will be encouraged to enter into a baby talk dialogue with you.
The Brain Development Milestones Include:-
- Beginning to track people and objects with her eyes.
- Starting to let you know when they need more stimulation – the baby equivalent to telling you they are bored.
- Becoming fascinated with a new face alongside focusing on all the familiar faces in your baby’s home.
The Movement & Physical Development Milestones Include:-
- Smoother less jerky arm and leg motions will be more noticeable.
- Your baby will begin to push up while on his/her belly and start to hold his/her head up.
The Food & Nutrition Milestones Include:-
- Sucking and swallowing well during feeding.
- Her tongue will move back and forward to suck.
- She’ll latch easily onto her mother’s nipple or a bottle.
Fascinating fact about newborns –
Most babies will double their birth weight in the first six months of life, if not before.